I’ve been thinking … Wazzup with The CPR site?
The NZ Council “CPR Consultants” web-based resource … a “Lifesaver for busy Council analysts”
Recent marketing emails and hand delivered flyers have heralded the launch of a new, special purpose, subscription-based website designed for “busy Council financial, economic and performance improvement Analysts.”
The essence of this initiative is the provision of the most cost-effective, entry level access to both ubiquitous and ground-breaking policy analysis support … for all NZ Councils.
The bullet points of the flyer include these key features of the “CPR Consultants” website:
- A three-part research tool … Comparative-Resource-Performance sections … saving all the time-costly leg work of searching for essential underlying research resources
- Focussed (initially) … upon NZ Council financial … economic … performance … & governance topics
- Comprises (ultimately) … hundreds of useful-topical statistical benchmark comparative graphs and tables showing not just your Council “stats”, but all other NZ TLA’s data, ordered within rolling 5-year (2014-2018) timelines covering Sector, Cohort and Council only “Comparative” statistical and benchmarking reports
- Includes rating, debt, assets, liquiditymeasures, demographic, roading, significant activity expenditures, payroll etc plus … a subject searchable taxonomy of (hundreds of) extant NZLG reports, studies, investigations, legislative impact and other statements, official pronouncements … all providing resources to inform your Council’s more detailed, related analysis and study
- Data and Reports comprise separate special purpose statistical reportsall drawn from Council independent, credible, often officially audited databases or other qualifying sourced pedigrees.
Given this policy research “gold” … as a Council executive-Manager-Professional … please ask yourself this question:
“Would it not be, at the least … “very useful” to have readily to hand, including on your handheld device … instant access to this treasure trove of easily referenced policy resources and data?”
Picture yourself in a challenging meeting with an irascible ratepayer/Councillor who is beefing about the usual Council rates/charges and staff salaries (too high) … or perceived spending (too low) on their roads etc … drone moan … Sound familiar?
“But wait, voila” say you … “Here’s the accurate independent evidence on that matter … just to put you straight … OK?.”
Powerful is it not? Can you afford to be without the CPR website? The annual subscription to the copyrighted site … at $3000 pa (excluding GST) … is unrivalled and good value. And Damn Handy too!
The next “I’ve been thinking” piece, to be posted to our Blog … at www.development.kauriglen.co.nz covers our own thoughts for the continuous improvement of the CPR site.
This involves plugging into the legendary spirit of cooperation and collegiality of Council management and staff who might contribute, for cataloguing, their own best in class policy work … plus commenting and contributing to our Blog-Podcasts.